Spline is way too big

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
I ordered the .25" foam spline to re-screen a door, but it's way too big. What do you recommend for the attached project photos?

Note: current spline is grey.

I want to replace with correct width size

AND: I need a new door closer spring. Current one measures about 25" but may have stretched over time
Is your
part # 86-021 correct? It measures 22"?
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what spline will work. I will need to know the size of your old spline in order to make a recommendation. As for the 86-021, keep in mind this is specifically meant for Pella doors. What brand is yours?
A quick learner from Brooklyn NY says:
my door is a Pella
how can I measure my spline?
I did send you 2 pictures, one showing a tape measure on the grove.
Can I reuse the spine now holding in my screen?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
As long as your original spline is in good shape then you can definitely reuse it. I'd even recommend it. When I'm doing re-screening I always try to reuse the spline unless it is dry rotted or worn.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.