SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spring Balance

A quick learner from Buffalo, NY says:
I am looking for a replacement solution for the spring balances on a non-tilt, single hung window in my home.

The existing balances are extension springs inside a plastic tube. They are about 9/16" wide. The springs are attached to the sash end at the bottom, inside the channel of the window stile, with a plastic piece and a spiral nail. The other end of the spring is attached to the top of the window jamb with another plastic piece that inserts into a hole in the jamb.

The lower sash is about 27.75"H x 39.75"W and weighs about 21#.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Can you give us the length of just the plastic tube not counting the top and bottom fittings? Also does the spring ring attached to the bottom fitting nailed to sash painted a color? Iouldn't make out in the photo.
A quick learner from Buffalo, NY says:
The spring has a red mark painted on the ring end. The plastic tubes that are still intact are about 23.5" long.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks again for your patience! This is everything we needed. I have emailed you a custom order form and price quote for 2 of these balances. If you need more, please let me know and I'll be happy to adjust the quantity.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)