SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spring Damper & Shoes Question

A home owner from USA says:
Dear Customer Service Rep:
I need to order Qty (2) Item Number S600-26 Spring Dampers to replace 2 that are no longer functional in my windows. I am thinking that the existing shoes that retains each spring damper are probably ok but I feel I need to order replacements just in case they are needed. But, looking at the choices on your website I cannot see one that looks like the ones installed in my window.

2 pictures are attached. Can you help me to determine which Shoes I need to order?

User submitted photos of a spiral balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Walt. We may be able to help you find a replacement for this pivot shoe, but I can't quite make it out from this picture. Can you show me one removed? Can you also tell me its thickness and width? Thanks!
A handy person from Loveland, CO says:
Thanks for responding Tom. As it turns out I was able to repair the spring damper and reuse it. The shoes were ok to reuse as well. I adjusted both dampers on each side of the window and the window stays up now as it should.

Thanks for responding though!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, great! Glad to hear it. Let me know if you need anything else!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)