SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spring Roller on Screen Door

A home owner from Myrtle Beach says:
no names or numbers on door or parts. Door is a Jeld-Wen. According to the hardware store, Jeld-Wen doesn't make their screen doors. part is plastic, spring loaded. lower wheel broke. portion of part still in frame. Image of broken piece sent and view of good part still in door.
User submitted photos of screen door rollers.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks like the wheel portion of our 84-029. Check it out and see if you agree. I would also check to make sure the rest of the roller matches.
A quick learner from Myrtle beach says:
How is this part installed? I don't see the balance of the assembly? Perhaps it fell out and was lost. This looks like the part but I don't understand how it is anchored.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
To install the 84-029, you will first have to remove the screen wire and then the corner screws. After that you need to gently knock the door apart. Then you can install the 84-029 and reassemble and rescreen the door. You will have to adjust it after it's installed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)