SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spring balancer

A home owner from Round Rock says:
My house was built in 2000 and I can't find any information on the window manufacturer. In several cases, the part that secures the window pane to the spring balancer has broken. I have attached pictures of the pieces; at the bottom of the window pane I don't see any screws, however there a clip connecting the spring balancer to the pane.
So far no luck locating the procedures and the parts I need.
Do you have anything that would fit my needs? I
Additional measurements : length 29 inches, diameter 3/8th of an inch, color: snap attached. Thank you.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you need a custom made Series 306 spiral balance with the 15-073 shoe specially attached. Check it out and let me know if you agree. The color tip is Green, indicating a spring that can support sashes weighing 14 through 26 pounds. The 15-073 hooks on the side end of the sash. Please let me know if this hardware matches your own and we can get started making them for you. Please also tell me how many you need. Thanks!
A quick learner from Roundrock, Texas says:
I need two of them. If it works well then I would order more later.
How much would it cost and how much would be the shipping cost?
Would I need tool to put tension on the spiral coil?
Thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. I will email you a custom order form shortly. As for a charging tool, yes, that will certainly make things easier. See our 75-004.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)