Spring help

A quick learner from Carlsbad, CA says:
Hi Tom,

How do I get the spring attached to the small metal bar (picture 4534)? It came off (brand new balance) and I'm not strong enough to pull it up with needle-nose pliers. Any tricks to make this happen?

Also attached are 2 pictures (4537, 4538) of the top sash guide. I don't see any like it in your selection. It's 2" in overall height and 5/8" wide. The small box on the top is 1/4" in height and 7/16" wide and that height measurement is included in the 2" overall height.

What top sash guide do I need to order?

Thanks,

Lynn
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A quick learner from Carlsbad, CA says:
Hi Tom,
You answered the 2nd question I sent before this first one I submitted. Can you please let me know the answers to the above questions so I can get working on this window?
Thanks,
Lynn
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure thing, Lynn. I recognize this top sash guide. I'm afraid this exact model is no longer made, but we've found that our 18-171 is a possible substitute. The only issue is that the top is tall, so you would need to cut it down to fit under the sash rail.
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement channel balance
How to identify a replacement channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.