SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Squeaky screen door rollers

A home owner from USA says:

I bought the replacement screen door rollers (metal housing, nylon rollers) at the beginning of spring this year. They are VERY noisy...actually almost 'screechy'. My old wheels were metal and never made noise like this. Any advice?

Jerry
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jerry. Could they be worn out already? Maybe try some silicone spray and see if that helps. If not, let me know and we can work from there.
A quick learner from Home Discussions Squeaky screen door rollers says:
Dave, I would sure hope they didn't wear out in 2 1/2 months. The wheels they replaced were metal and were probably 25 years old. I tried spray, but again, if I've gotta pray them this soon....

Any other thoughts are appreciated!

Jerry
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm surprised, too. I've never heard of this problem with the 84-087 before. Are you sure that was the replacement you need? Pella hardware is very specific, so it's important that the 84-087 is an exact match for your old rollers.
A quick learner from screen door rollers says:
Dave, Same exact outer case. Like I said though, my old ones were metal. I believe the 84-087 is the only one like that you offer. If you have nay recommendations, please advise.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think the change in material for the wheel may be the problem. Your door may be too heavy for a nylon wheel to support.

I'm going to look into seeing if we can get something that might be a little better. Please bear with us as we do a little research into this matter. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience. I have good news! We are currently working on bringing in a version of the 84-087 with a metal wheel. I will let you know as soon as it is online and available for you to view.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)