SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Staked construction ... tips?

A contractor from Charlotte NC says:
Hi folks ...
Attached are three pictures of one of my busted storm windows.
I watched one of your videos on YouTube which was helpful, but as you can see from these pictures my windows are staked together rather than having the friction-fit corners and spring-loaded latch assemblies.

Can I drill out the staked/peened places and then use your friction-fit replacement parts?
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Since these corners are plastic, you should be able to just knock them out without drilling out the indents. Our replacements will be die-cast, however. Check out our 95-008 and 95-009 corners, as well as our 91-010 and 91-011 latches and see if these could work for you.
A quick learner from Charlotte NC says:
Thanks Paul!

Will check those out and get my order in!!!
A quick learner from Charlotte NC says:
Sorry ... one other question ....

Do you sell any "assortment" kits?

I have a couple houses that I keep up for relative and neighbors ....
A quick learner from NC says:
Paul:
I thought I posted a reply yesterday, but don't see it now so will try again...

Anyway, THANKS for the P/N data!

Does SWISCO sell any "assortment" kits with the more popular items in them? I do fix-up work on older houses and a nice little assortment of this stuff would come in very handy...
A quick learner from NC says:
Hey Paul...
Sorry to be such a pest ;-)

It looks like the storms on this house were put on in several batches ... so naturally different hardware :-/

Is there a table anywhere that lists the dimensions of (for example) all of the P/N for corner keys?
The summary page does not list dimensions for all of the pictures so you have to click thru to the "details" page to get the key dimensions....

I have one busted corner key in my hand with legs
1.5" long
the width is 0.180" so approx. 3/16"
the thickness is 0.144" is that a nominal 5/32" thickness key?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at 95-016, this is a popular corner that might work for you.
A quick learner says:
Thanks Paul!
I've ordered everything ...
If you stare at the dimensions in that picture you send me for a few seconds you will see why I was not quite sure if it was what I needed ;-)

Jim
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)