SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Stampings on channel 35B, BS1 and RA

A quick learner from Bessemer, Alabama says:
I need 4 replacement tie bars for my single sash vinyl windows.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. We are having trouble identifying this balance. I have a few questions for you. Can you remove that shoe easily, or is it riveted on? Or is it possibly attached to the end of the string? It's hard to tell based on these images.
The shoe is attached to the string. It looks very similar to your product code 15-109 except for the small round part at the bottom.
I will try to remove without breaking and take another photo.
Thanks for your assistance.
If exact replacement is not available I will order product code 15-109 to see if it will work.
Pictures of shoe removed from channel and with metal center in place.
A customer submitted image of their balance shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... I think you might want to consider our Series 750 channel balance used with our 15-109 shoe. I can't guarantee that it will work, but compare this hardware to your own and let me know if you think you can use it.
My channel balance is 35 inches long. If you don't have the exact shoes in stock I think I will order the 15-109 to see if it works or if I can modify it. The basic measurement are similar.

I will check for other possible sources for the original in the meantime.

Thanks for your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)