SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Stanley Exterior Door Sweep - Recommend Replacement Please

A handy person from Amherst, Ohio says:
I am replacing the sweep on my ~18 year old Stanley exterior steel door. I have attached a sketch and several pictures to help with selection. The sketch is in img_1904. The other images should help you understand the configuration. The basic issue is the opening for the kerfs is about 3/4 inch wide and all of the kerfs for this type of sweep on your site are 7/8". I am considering trying 58-174, 58-189, or 58-191. While the bulb cross section on 58-191 is not an exact match, it is the sweep fins are the correct height at ~1/2" while the other two are ~5/8". Your expert help would be appreciated :)!
User submitted photos of a door sweep.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm not sure if that slide-in type sweep you show is still available. We would suggest using the 58-176 sweep, which simply wraps around the bottom of the door. That way you don't need to worry about finding the exact size and type of kerf, you can just screw it on.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)