SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Stanley door weatherseal is gone!

A handy person from scotia new york says:
have a stanley metal door and the bottom weather seal is gone. The door is swri 920380201. Would your product code 58174 work on this door?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't know if our 58-174 will work, as I'm not familiar with that door model. Does your door have two slots to accommodate the two push-in strips of the 58-174? If so, are they the same distance apart? If not, you may want to look at our 58-176, which wraps around the entire bottom of the door. Look at its dimensions and see if this is a possible alternative.
A quick learner from scotia new york says:
my stanley door is 1-3/4 thick; center is 7/8 however my length is 30" and that length included 1-5/8" each side. Those sides had metal prongs stapled into the solid part of the door.

I think 58174 would work on my door but will I be able to cut it to size. Will I have to staple it to the door?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You can trim off the top locking prongs and width of the door sweep 58-174. You can also staple it on.
A quick learner from scotia new york says:
received 58174 cut down to door size installed without removing door. installed easy Looks great

thanks very much
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)