SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Stanley door weatherstripping

A home owner from Lebanon, Ohio says:
Hi - I have a Stanley double door (only 1 door opens) that I need to replace weatherstripping on. We bought the house and the current stripping is ripped up. See pictures of door, top weatherstripping and side weatherstripping. Door measures 78 in x 28.75 in. It is magnetic weatherstripping from what I can tell. Markings on door say #54313 and STN-K-001 and STN-K-002 (if that means anything). Can you recommend weatherstripping I can purchase for top & side of door (and possibly bottom)? Thanks!
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon. Our 58-008 is the only type of magnetic seal we have, but your sample looks more like our 58-056. Take a look at both and see what you think.
A quick learner from Lebanon, Ohio says:
Thanks - I think it does look more like the 58-056, I'll go ahead and grab those and install. Thanks!
Hi - installed the 58-006 on both sides and they fit perfectly, thanks!

Another question - trying to replace the top seal of the door. Same door listed above, seal looks a little different than the 58-006 (see pictures). Thoughts on what I'd need? Door is 28.75 in wide. Thanks!
A customer submitted image of their top door seal.
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Glad the 58-006 worked. As for the top seal, have you seen our 58-008 yet? Your sample looks just like that. Let me know if you agree.
I agree the 58-008 looks correct. I assume I would want the compression and not the magnetic?

Also, I'll need to replace the bottom flap of the door too (the door is old and needs help!). Suggestions on what to use there? And how does it attach to the bottom of the door? I'm at work and don't have a picture of it, but can take one tonight. Thanks again!
Profile picture of Tom
Pictures would definitely help on that part. Let me know whenever you can upload them!
Hard to take pics with door still on hinges, but here you go.
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Hmmm. That could be something like our 58-191, or 58-176. You could also browse through our Selection of Door Sweeps and see if you like anything there better.
Thanks, I'll try one of those sweeps.

Regarding 58-008 for the top seal, the only product I saw was the entire 58-008 package that includes sides & top. Do you have just a 58-008 for the top seal - I just need the compression piece, not the other magnetic pieces you sell in that set? Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Unfortunately, the individual pieces of the 58-008 are not available by themselves.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)