Steel casement window crank

A contractor from Cypress says:
I am looking for Extra Heavy Duty Crank and Rail to replace the existing crank for steel window which is very old and very stuck.
We replaced the original cranks with the ones you see in the photos, however most of them were broken because it is not strong to open heavy window especially when start to open. We replaced over 150 cranks and most of them did not last more than an year. Could you recommend something more strong made of steel or stainless steel rather than aluminum? As this facility is detention facility, we do not need handle. Instead, we need separate opener with long handle.
Thanks,
Steel casement window crank
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm not sure if we have hardware that will replace this old operator. I've made a list of potential replacement parts on the right side of this page, but these are all just educated guesses. You will need to carefully go over our dimensions, pictures, and information to confirm which, if any, will work.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.