SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Steel door bottom weather strip

A landlord from Michigan says:
Missing weather strip. 36". Picture shows bottom of door. There is kerf on the left side (not sure if it is necessary)
User submitted photos of a door sweep.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Look at our 58-176 door bottom. This might be a good solution to replace your missing weather seal at the bottom of the door.
A landlord from Michigan says:
Dave - If possible, I'd like to find a match. The original weatherstrip (which, unfortunately, I threw away) had fins that slid down behind/under the steel slats. There is another post that shows a picture of the actual weather strip. I'll look for it again.
John
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't think we'll be able to get an exact match. Many door manufacturers released only a specific kind of door for a brief time before discontinuing that line. The problem is, the weatherseal for these doors are each unique and specific, so finding an exact match with the same kerf spacing is next to impossible. I am sorry we cannot offer anything closer.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)