SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm Door Glass Clips

A quick learner from SC says:
The manufacturer, Emco, cannot help with replacement clips. Is there a similiar clip that will work? Not concerned with exact fit, color, or style, just as long as it will hold the glass in place.

Any suggesions??
A customer submitted photo of a storm door glass clip.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for posting! I believe that the best replacement we have at this time would be our 70-098 storm door clip. However, you will have to re-drill the hole because of the diameter (thickness) of the existing screw for your door; I believe the clip screw for that door is a 1/4-20 machine screw 5/8" thick. Do you think this may work for you?

A home owner from Columbus, OH says:
This looks exactly like the clip I am having trouble finding. Mine is white but other than that the same. When I click on the part link it doesn't look like you carry it any more.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Brian
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sorry for the confusion! The 70-098 is also discontinued, yes, but our 70-098S is a suitable replacement. It is essentially the same clip but with a slot instead of a hole.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)