Storm Door Handle

A home owner from Waterloo says:
I hope that you can see this handle. I have these parts at my house, but these are off my son's home. I installed this storm door some years ago. The big outside handle I can wiggle it off, thus I think I should probably replace the whole handle, but that is your call. We do not need a key lock and white would be fine.

I had my original order canceled this morning. In talking to your representative, they suggested I send a picture. I would also be happy go talk on the phone to help get this resolved.

Thanks for your help!

Gene
storm handle
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello Gene. This appears to be an old storm handle set that I believe is no longer made anymore. However, I think we may have a handle set you could use as a replacement. Take a look at our 40-058 lever handle set. Carefully compare your measurements and dimensions to ours and let us know what you think.
If I would order this, does the spindle come in different lengths? Current spindle is 3 1/2 inches if removed from the unit.

I am concerned that the door will have cut outs that will show because the current outside cover is 8 inches long!

Your thoughts!

Thanks,
Gene
Storm Door Handle Ref. # D91794 Enclosed is an additional picture of the door that hopefully you can find a door latch for.

You should have earlier information on our correspondence.

Thanks for your help!

Gene
Wahndle
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Gene. You might be able to just replace the inside handle. You'll want to look at the 40-150 for that purpose. I believe you might also be able to use the 40-058, if you want to replace the complete handle on your door. Carefully compare your part to our measurements to make sure it lines up, though.
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.