Storm Door Handle/Lock

A home owner from USA says:
middle screw to bottom is 1-3/4 inches , from middle screw to top screw where lock tongue is only approx. 1- 1/2 . Thank you Regards, Ed
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, you have an older storm door lock that is no longer available. May we suggest you take a look at the 40-130 handle? This is a newer version we believe may be a good alternative for you. In addition, we suggest you take a look at a video in relation to the lock. We believe that this may be useful. Get back to us and let us know how everything works out for you.
A home owner from Suburbs of Philadelphia says:
I see the 40-130 is 1-3/4 at top with handle and 1-1/2 at bottom with lock . Mine is reversed with measurements upside down with lock at top 1-1/2 and 1-3/4 measurement at bottom . ? Did you think it was reversed when you suggested this option for me ??
Profile picture of Tom
I see what you mean, however you should be able to simply flip the inside handle and lock upside down when you install it. Is there anything particular to your door that would prevent that?
A home owner from philadelphia suburbs says:
SURELY I COULD BUT THE HOLE MEASUREMENTS . THEN DO NOT MATCH UP THEN .!! I,M A DISABLED PERSON ON LIMITED INCOME TRYING TO FIX IT MYSELF !!! DRILLING NEW HOLES IS NOT AT ALL IDEAL FOR ME AN ABSOLUTE NOVICE . I,VE BEEN ASKING FOR A LOCK WITH THE SAME MEASUREMENTS AND HOLE SPACING AS I INDICATED IN PREVIOUS E MAILS . YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED THAT FOR ME AS OF YET ! ???????
Profile picture of Tom
I'm sorry, I'm confused. I don't see why you will need to redrill new holes at all. Our inside lever has a hole spacing of 1-3/4". So does yours. Flipping the handle upside down won't affect that whatsoever. The inside lever will still have a hole spacing of 1-3/4".

The 1-1/2" measurement you mention is the projection of the deadbolt. It has no relation to the screw holes at all, aside from just using it as a point of reference to help measure the projection. You don't need to worry about that for now.

The only measurement on your handle set I'm not sure about is the overall hole spacing. Ours is 3-7/8", but I'm not sure what that measurement is for you. If yours is also 3-7/8", I see no reason why any holes will need to be redrilled. You're just flipping the handle upside down so that it matches your hole placement.

Maybe this will help. I've flipped the picture of our handle set around to better reflect what I'm talking about. Using this picture as reference, will you need to redrill new holes?
User submitted image of their door hardware.
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.