Storm Door Inside Handle

A home owner from Stockbridge, MA says:
A spring broke on the inside handle of my storm door and I'd like to replace the handle. Please see attached photos. I can't find any markings.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I think you should consider our 40-150 inside handle. It should line up to the hole spacing of your old handle (double check just in case). You will need to reuse your existing spindle. It will be a little tricky removing it, but it's not impossible. You will also need to remove the inside spacer in the 40-150 to accept your spindle. Look it over and see what you think.
A quick learner says:
How do I remove the spindle from my existing handle? I removed the screw under the handle with an Allen wrench but the spindle didn't budge.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have removed these spindles in the past and I remember it being a little tricky. You said you removed the screw, but I believe there is also a small drive pin somewhat hidden under the nose of the latch. You will practically have to take apart the complete handle to access that pin, I'm afraid.
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.