SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm Door Lock

A quick learner from Clarksburg, WV says:
Storm Door Lock

I have this older storm door that opens out and left to right. I need to replace the lock but, I can not locate one. The door is still in excellent shape so I don't want to replace it.

I was looking at the keyed deadbolt 40-039. I was wandering if it would work on a door that opens out left to right. If so I am considering a lock (40-039) to install right above the existing door handle and lock.

I'm sending two pictures showing the door handle and lock that I have. Suggestions as to what I might do. I want to keep this door locked when we are not at home.

Thanks, Howard
User submitted photos of a storm door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
40-039 could work, possibly. It can work on either the left or right hand side. You could do that along with using the 40-152 handle, if you want. You could also look at our 40-160. Check these parts out on our site and see if their dimensions are the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)