Pella Storm Door Replacement Bottom Sweep

A home owner from Hamden, CT says:
Do you know if the 58-162 will work as a replacment sweep for a Pella storm door? The Pella has a brass looking gizmo that goes on the bottom of the door with a rubber sweep slid into a track in the bottom. I want to make sure this will work before ordering.

Thanks,
Ray
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It is possible, I am not sure if the 58-162 sweep will fit a Pella storm door. The 58-162 is often used to replace the door sweep on Forever storm doors (Andersen/Emco).
A handy person from Westborough, MA says:
I'm wondering the same thing. it looks to me that I might have to lower the bottom "brass looking gizmo" (I can't think of a better name either) to compensate for the shorter length (3/8 vs 1/2) and then these standard 3/8 wide products would work fine.
A quick learner says:
I have a Larsen Storm Door and I need a bottom sweep. The number on the door is 68001082 212040714. The sweep has a "T" shaped top on it about 1/4 inch wide.
A home owner from New York says:
larson is a pella door, do you have to remove the sweep holder and take it in to see if something will work?
Profile picture of Dave
I don't believe Larsen doors are Pella. From my understanding, Pella bought out the "Cole Sewell" door company, not Larsen. Check out the various vinyl sweeps on our site.
A quick learner from Onaway, Mi says:
I have a Cole Sewel storm door needing a new sweep can you tell me where to find one it is a 2'8" door, combination storm/screen
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
We would be happy to research it for you, please reply to this discussion with detailed photos and measurements of the profile of the sweep.
A quick learner from new jersey, usa says:
I have a Cole Sewell Storm door and am looking for a replacement bottom sweep. I hate to throw out something I can fix. Any idea where I can get a replacement part for this door since Pella bought out Cole Sewell. Winter is coming! It has the brass plate on the bottom with the vinyl sweep in a small triangular groove.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Can you submit a photo of your current sweep so we can take a look?
A home owner from Brookfield, Wisconsin says:
I need a wider bottom sweep than the standard that comes with pella storm door
User submitted photos of a storm door sweep.
Profile picture of Dave
Thanks for posting! Unfortunately, they don't make a longer sweep that I know of. Now, I think that your storm door is most likely standard, at 80" tall. Your opening is taller than the non-standard height, which I assume is where the problem lies. You could pack down the door on the top with a piece of wood trim to make the height shorter so as to match up with the storm door.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
58-162 : Storm Door Replacement Bottom Sweep
58-162
Price: $2.69
Storm Door Replacement Bottom Sweep