SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm Glass door Clips

A home owner from Ohio says:
I'm in search of storm door clips to fit a 'Forever View II' by Emco door. The serial number on the door is 72432. The house was build in 1985 so I'm assuming the door was built around that time too. I was told at the hardware stores that they no longer make these clips. I have all screws but all the clips have broken. Please help find something that will fit! I don't want to buy a new door :(
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Could you show me a few pictures of the clips in question? We may not have exact matches, but perhaps we can come up with a substitute. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
I attached a picture originally. If you are in need of more, I can take more. Thank you!
User submitted a photo of a storm door insert clip.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I recognize that clip. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. However, I've retro fit our 70-098S in the past and it seemed to work well as a replacement. Take a look and see what you think.
A home owner from Ohio says:
Thank you for a suggestion for a replacement! I looked at the part at as long as the hole fits the screws, i think it'll work! I ordered the number that I needed already, so well see what happens when I get them. Thank you so much for helping so i do not have to purchase a whole new door. What a wonderful experience!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sure, we were happy to help. Let me know if it works, or if you need any help installing it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)