SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm Window Finger Latches

A home owner from Portland, OR says:
I have enclosed a broken clip. Note that this is plastic. Ideally I would like to replace with a metal version. I have one room with plastic clips and they are all broken...the other windows all have metal versions which are much smaller (measure a bit over 2"). These metal ones have a 1356 stamped on them when you pull the clip back... I can't tell if the numbers continue or not.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience. We have received your sample. We think we found a match for the latch, but it only comes in nylon. We have not been able to find a metal equivalent. See our 91-056 left hand and 91-057 is the right hand. These both use the 91-003 is the spring.

Regarding the metal latch and corner combination photo. It looks like it could either be our 91-176 or #91-177. Compare your dimensions to ours. If you can't, reuse the springs in your old latches, or try our 26-016 to go with the new.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)