SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm Window (manufacturer unknown to me)

A quick learner from Wiolmington, NC says:
I am seeking key (photo attached)

I am seeking spleen material (photo attached)

I am seeking wool pile (All mine is rotted out) Groove is slightly less than 1/4 inch. Is there insert material that does not require disassembly of window?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The top tilt corners look like our 95-100 and 95-101. Review them and see if you agree. The drop in glass spline, on the other hand, will be more tricky. This kind of hardware is slowly disappearing from the industry with the advent of the vinyl replacement windows. Our 59-068 universal spline could work for you, and the wool pile could be our 58-001. Compare these to your samples, as well.

To remove the wool pile without taking the frame apart, you can cut it out with a utility knife by running down the middle of the pile and pulling it out with needle nose pliers. To install the new type, slide one side under the sash groove and use a putty knife to work the opposite side in the other groove.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)