Storm door handle

A handy person from USA says:

Hi. I am trying to help an elderly friend with a storm door on her mobile home. As you can see on the attached pictures (the picture are turned sideways for some reason), the handle is missing. The door is 1" think. The holes from the old handle are 2" on center apart. I am afraid I am going to buy the wrong handle and would appreciate your assistance in selecting the correct one for the door. I am not looking for anything cheap. I would like a nice sturdy handle with a lock. Would you be able to help me with the correct handle? Thank you!
User submitted a photo of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Could you use our 40-138? Check it out and let me know how the dimensions match up to your door.
A friend from SoCal says:
That 40-138 doesn't look like it locks. If it does, I'll take a serious look at it. Thank you!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the 40-138 has a small button below the handle. That device will lock the door.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.