SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm door handle

A home owner from Bensalem says:
Hi, I have a broken storm door handle with a picture attached. Seems the outside door brass handle is turned downward and won't spring back. There is no indentification of the door or even the manufacturer. The handke itself has no identification except for a big C on the top inside of the brass handle. My thought is the inside handle spring is shot and that's all that may need to be replaced. I see a very similar white inside handle you have (#40-150) that may fit. The storm door itself is one " thick. The total length on the outside plate of the handle is 71/2 inches long. The outside handle itsile is very similar to your #40-160 but I believe all I may need is the inside white handle. Would you please let me know if this is a compatible part I can replace? I'm just north of Phila in Bensalem. Thank you.
User submitted a photo of a storm door handle set.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, replacing just the inside handle is a good idea. The inside handle is what contains the spring, so fixing that should allow the outside handle to work properly again. Our 40-150 is a close match, just make sure the dimensions all match up.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)