SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm door handle and deadbolt set.

A home owner from USA says:
Hi. I'm looking for a storm door handle & deadbolt set in brass which both locks the handle in a static position and deadbolt, but using different keys. I have seen this configuration on storm doors, but I cannot seem to find a set like that as a replacement. Do you carry it?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what it is you're trying to describe, exactly. I actually do not recall ever seeing a storm door lock and dead bolt with different keys. If possible, I would like to see a few pictures of your existing set up so that we can come up with a few suggestions.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for the reply.

I would settle for the same key for both locks but all I'm looking for is a stormdoor lockset that locks the handle with a separate lock for the deadbolt.

If that doesn't exist, is there a such thing as a storm door lockset with 1 lock which locks the handle and deadbolt at the same time?

Hopefully, that makes more sense. I don't have any pictures.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I see. I'm not sure how much we can help on this front. We don't carry anything like you've described, so you would have to get creative. Check out our 40-141, 40-058, and 40-160 handle sets. I also think you should look at our 40-155 dead bolt. Would you be able to use any of these? Keep in mind that the keys for these are all different, so if you were to mix-and-match they would not be able to be keyed alike. You may want to contact a locksmith for your particular, project, though.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)