SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm door sweeps

A home owner from Amherst, New York says:
I have a 36" Season All storm doors with dual black "Y" shaped sweeps that are 1/8" wide across the top of the "Y". Spoke to customer service Fri. 6/13. Couldn't find exact sweep in your on-line inventory. Please try to locate these sweeps,as I don't want to buy new doors. Thank you.
User submitted a photo of a door sweep.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I recommend that you consider our 58-162. This has the same 1/8" top that you're looking for.
A home owner from Amherst, NY says:
Dave, Sending another picture to show you the sweep we already tried which looks like your grey 58-162. It did not pull through the track. The original black "Y" sweep is thinner at the top, which I hope you can see by the side-by-side comparison. The customer rep I some to on the phone said that you might be able to find it elsewhere. I hope you can research this for me since I have no other options. Looking forward to your response.
User submitted a photo of door sweeps.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I see what you're talking about. The larger gray one in the photo does look like our 58-162, but what is it's size? When you compared your measurements to those we show for our 58-162, how did they differ? We cannot find a better match without knowing more detailed dimensions. Our 58-162 measures 1/8" across the top. Please check the measurements of your sample and let me know what it is.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)