SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm panel corner parts help

A quick learner from Roxboro, NC says:
On Wed, 9 Dec at 12:20 PM , Coleenlove wrote:
I watched your youtube video. I believe I need these parts: Storm window latches 91-001 (1) 91-002 (1) Storm window corners: 95-003 (2) 95-005 (2) The reason - One of my latches is broken. So, my question is - how do I know your parts will work with my door? I would like to order replacement parts for this.

Also, I would like advice, because I am unable to remove the broken latch without forcing the small plastic piece that is screwed in - because the tiny philips-head screw is stripped.

Don't know how to fix it without breaking it.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your finger latches look like our 91-026 and 91-027. Carefully compare our measurements and style to yours in order to confirm.

As for removing the broken latch, first remove the corner screw and then use a block of wood and hammer to gently knock apart the frame from the glass. Make sure to do it very carefully. For the striped screw, you will need to drill out the damaged screw to get it out.

Finally, the closest top tilt pivot to yours is our 95-182. You might have to file down the piece to fit in your frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)