SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Storm window hardware

A home owner from Halethorpe, MD says:
Very sure that I need the 91-085. I ordered a pair with two nylon retainer springs. By the way, can you help with the metal part that this piece fits into so that a lock occurs in the out position. I saw that mine was torn out on side from repeated usage (slammings when the window falls and clicks into the slot built to catch it)
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like what you are describing is part of the window frame itself. I don't believe you can replace it. If you want, though, send us a photo for us to look at. That might help us see what you need and if we can help.
A home owner from Halethorpe, MD says:
That is correct. It's the frame. The slot on the side frame fatigued out. I thought since I had the frame pieces apart I might as well change out the frame piece that is worn. I see that it cannot be sourced. Is/are there any other options?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, we have been unable to find anything like what you describe. I'm afraid that without pictures, we will not be able to offer a recommendation. Please let me know if you can send us any! You can upload them directly to this thread.
A quick learner from Halethorpe, MD says:
Thanks I was worried about the window frame slot being worn....... Unnecessarily as I found because the lock happens into slot on the frame of the door track. All good now. Thanks for your help
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)