SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Strip of wool with a 1/4 base

A quick learner says:
I have a strip of the wool and the base that slides into the bracket is 1/4 inch x 1/4 or maybe a slit bit bigger due to ware. I don't see anything in the pictures of 1/4 in base except for the white stickon. Please advise.

Thanks
Dick
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Dick, thanks for posting. Yes, the 58-026 stick on wool pile is the only thing with a 1/4" x 1/4" base. Are you sure that's what it is? Is there any way you can get a more accurate measurement? The variations between wool pile types can be small, but they can make a big difference.
A handy person from Littleton MA 01460 says:
Tom, thanks for the response. I'm doing 5
double door for the church> Extra blessing
for me???? I measured again an it is, 1/4 x 1/4.
The doors are at least 30 years old. Is there anything I can subsitute?

Dick

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we just don't have anything with those dimensions. How about our 58-045? Is that a possibility? It's only 1/32" wider.

If not, the best I can do is recommend that you look through our Wool Pile Section and see if you can get one of these pieces to work. I also recommend that you try to find a sample of wool pile that's as undamaged as possible, since you said yours might be a little worn down. Like I said, the difference might be small but it can mean a lot.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)