SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Strong handle for heavy door

A quick learner from miller place says:
I have an acorn slider, very heavy door and have had to replace the inside handles several times at the metal cracks around the screws. It looks like it is made from white metal. DO you have any handle that it made much stronger? the door is 4 x 8

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mike. Could the problem be your rollers? The handle shouldn't break so often, even for a heavy door. Sometimes if the rollers aren't functioning properly, it can take more effort to pull the handle, which will of course cause wear and eventually damage the handle. You might want to double check your rollers and make sure there are rolling okay.
A quick learner from Long Island says:
Tom, Thanks. I probably need the rollers i had another post about that before, except getting the doors out to see what roller I need is not that easy.

I still would like to know if there is handle made out of solid metal versus the white metal that weak.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Do you have a handle like our 82-004? If so, then there isn't really a heavy duty version of it, unfortunately.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)