SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Surface Mounted Latch

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Hi,

I need surface mounted latch, which looks like and measures same as 26-195 and 26-196.

Only difference is ..mine is 5/16 thick and first mounting hole is 1/2 inch from front(which measurement is not shown for this two numbers in picture).

Can you, please confirm so I can place the order?

I need two pairs.

Thanks and regards.
Naren
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Naren! The distance between the first mounting hole center to the front end of the latch is also approximately 1/2". Are you sure your thickness isn't 1/4"? Double check and let me know! Remember that there is a slight curve around the edges of the 26-195 & 26-196 that may be skewing your measurement.
Tom,

Thanks for your response and checking on measurement. That curve around edges is making little confusing. I checked again and, it's 5/16. I am going to order two pair of both 26-195 and 26-196, because that much difference in height should not make any difference. Please correct me, if I am wrong.
I will be also ordering one of Charging Tool for Tilt Windows Product Code: 75-033.

Thanks again for prompt response.

Regards.

Naren
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you, Naren! I don't think the height will be that much of an issue, as long as you have the right sized screws. Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I would be pleased to help.
Tom,

Thanks for the quick response.
I will be ordering above latch today with the required tool to fix the hard (to open and close) windows. I see lot of gunk on the spiral part of the tube. Do you think, light spray of WD40 or something will make the windows glide easily?

Regards

Naren
Profile picture of Tom
Actually, we usually recommend a silicone spray. WD-40 tends to attract a lot of dust, which will increase the amount of gunk the window will accumulate.
Tom,

Thanks again for detail and quick response.
I have already placed the order (371518) for parts and tool.
Once received, I will remove spiral tubes, clean it and see if silicone spray fixes it or requires replacement.

Regards.

Naren
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Thanks, Naren. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)