Swinger Silverline Window Channel Balance

A home owner from Edison says:
Hi,

I have Silverline Swinger windows missing channel balances. The full window hight is 51 inch. Can you please advise what size balance I need for these.

Thanks
--jsd
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Without seeing the original balance, it will be hard to recommend a replacement. Silverline has used many different types. Would you happen to have an identical window elsewhere in the house to use as reference? If not, give me the size of the visible glass for the sash these balances are supporting and we will try our best to find something to fit.
A quick learner from Edison, NJ says:
Hi Tom

Thanks for the response. I unfortunately do not have any original channel balances to read the stamp from.
The overall double window is 72" wide X 51" high - and looks like this:
--- ---
| | |
--- ---

The bottom sash glass is about 32.5" wide and 23.5" high.

Would really value your best estimate for the channel balances to go with this.

thanks
--jsd
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If this is a hinged window, then things will be a little tricky. These are kind of peculiar balances that need very specific information to do right. Also, they are not standard. We have to custom make them for you. Unfortunately, custom made balances cannot be returned for a refund if they aren't correct. Based on your dimensions, I have an idea of what you may need, but I cannot guarantee it will work. I believe you need two balances: a 25" long balance with a 19-008 top and 15-025 shoe, as well as a 2430 option. The other side will use a 25" long balance with ONLY a 19-008, and no shoe at all. This will use a 2440 option.

If you want to go this route, I will send you a custom order form for each of these, in addition to a price quote. However, I must stress that I cannot guarantee that these will work without old balances to use as reference.
A home owner from Edison says:
Thanks Paul.

I just had a windows person come in and look at them as well. Looks like there is more wrong with them than just the channel balance. The glass is not "sealed" and the cost of fixing it all up is getting close to the cost of just replacing the window.

Thanks again.

cheers
--jsd

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. That definitely sounds like an issue. I totally understand. If you need anything in the future, though, we're always here to help.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.