SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Switching sides for the 39-006

A quick learner from New York says:
I currently have the operator on the right side of my jalousie door. I wish to move it to the left hand side due to people catching their clothing on it. The door has the same hole setup on both sides. The issue seems to be that when I move it to the opposite side, I can see that the metal of the door is trying to push out and that the operation is very very hard to crank. Am I doing something wrong?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm actually not sure what you mean when you say that the metal is trying to push out. Normally, jalousie operators can go on either the left or right hand side without issue.

Here's one thought. You say that it's hard to operate. Try working the windows by hand without the operator installed to see if it still has issues opening and closing. It may be a problem with the window, then. Just be careful not to damage anything.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)