SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Swivel eyelet

A handy person from Australia says:
Not sure if you are interested to help, me being in Australia,but you seem to make the most sense on this subject.in the photo the old silver hook is being replaced with the new white swivel hook.
The problem is that the way each connects is different.i assume the silver hook is the old style while the white swivel is the new style.is there some part that can marry the white one to the old roof vent operator thanks John.
User submitted a photo of a skylight hook.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Looks like you old hook is for Velux skylight operators, while the part on the left a universal join like our 39-336. I'm afraid one cannot replace the other; these parts are not compatible due to how specific Velux hardware is. Our 39-551 will likely replace your old hook, but this is the only other option.
A quick learner from Australia says:
Thanks for the reply.the old hook on the right works fine but when I use the pole which also has a open hook they keep coming apart. My ? Is ,would the old hook open the window if l had an eyelet on the pole instead of an open hook. Was that how they came pre new fittings? Thanks John.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe Velux has used any other style hook, to be honest. Could you possibly attach the 39-336 to the pole itself?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)