SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

T Head Pivot Bar

A quick learner from Troy, MI says:
I have 3 windows that all have broken pivot bars. No markings on the windows since they are after-market vinyl replacement. I believe they may be from a local merchant called "Hanson Windows". The bar is 3" long with a 35/64" "T". The 1st hole is 1- 3/8" from the T and the 2nd hole is 2- 3/8" from the T. It is 3/16" (.191") thick and .309" wide. I have seen some close to it but nothing exact. If you have something like this or even close I could drill the holes myself to make it fit.

Please contact me by email so I can order immediately.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe your window sash only uses the first hole at 1-3/8". If so, consider our 26-241. It may only have half of the "T," but we have recommended it for a few years as a replacement for your type of pivot bar. We find that the full "T" is not necessary for the function of the pivot bar. You can also drill the second hole if it is necessary for installation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)