SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

T Spline ID

A handy person from NJ says:
Hi. I am trying to locate a supplier of T spline. The existing is showing it's 13 year old age as it is constantly coming out of the channel. I guess it's time to replace it. But I am having trouble identifying a retailer. Can you assist? I measured the round part that fits into the channel and it appears to be .625".

Gary, NJ
User submitted photos of window spline.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Gary. Please see our 59-236. This is a "T" spline which is 7/32" across the top and 3/16" tall. It doesn't have the wide bulb on the leg, but it could work. What do you think?
A quick learner from 08022 says:
Thanks for the reply. Maybe. But question: I've read that you should replace Tspline with Tspline. Why won't simple tube spline work, I tested a .170 and it appears to fit perfect. Any reason to not use that?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... seeing as how you measured .170", I suggest going up to the 59-190 screen spline. Being foam, you can stretch the spline as you roll it in and it will expand to have a tighter fit for the wire in the frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)