SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

T-lock balance shoe

A home owner from Gastonia, NC says:
Hello,

I have attached a photo of the balance shoes currently used in our MW vinyl windows. The patent number on the product is 6.679.000. As MW is no longer in business, I am unable to get replacement shoes from them. I found a very similar product in your online catalog, PN 15-195, which might fit. My T-lock measures .050 wider and ..075 thicker at the lower section. As I am unsure of your measurement accuracy, (fractions vs. decimals)and and the exact slot location, I would like to ask two questions:
1) Has any of your existing customers used the 15-195 shoes as replacements for MW vinyl windows?
2) If you have no answer to the above question, can I order 10 pcs and, if they don't fit, can I return them for a refund?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Les
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the company that made your balance is no longer in business, and this specific shoe is no longer available. The biggest difference is the fact that your shoe has a groove in it, which neither our 15-195 nor 15-194 have. You would need to replace the whole balance with our Series 795 channel balance, which is the newer type without the groove.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)