SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

THE FOREVER DOOR - INDOOR LATCH

A home owner from Coventry, RI says:
I HAVE A FOREVER DOOR EMCO, SERIAL NUMBER 1894349, WHITE, AND NEED TO REPLACE THE BROKEN INDOOR LATCH. IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW YOUR PART NUMBER/S FOR REPLACING THIS, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT AT YOUR EARLIEST.

SECONDLY, IS THIS LATCH REVERSIBLE SINCE I HAVE A LEFT HANDLE.

UNFORTUNATELY, I AM NOT ABLE TO SEND YOU A PICTURE SINCE I AM NOT COMPUTER LITERATE.... BUT I WAS ABLE TO FIND TWO PARTS ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT MAY BE THE RIGHT ONES. ARE YOU ABLE TO LOOK AT THESE AND LET ME KNOW.

SCREW OPENING 1-3/4 INCHES. 7/8 INCHES SHIM. YOUR PART NOS.
40-145 AND 40-179. I DO HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE STORM DOOR, BUT THIS MAY NOT BE OF ANY HELP TO YOU.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

ROLLO
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we no longer carry Forever door hardware. That said, some of our parts may work for you as replacements. It would depend on the size and style of your existing handle set. The only problem is, I wasn't able to match up "1894349" to anything in particular. You will need to carefully compare the dimensions and style of our hardware to your own door in order to confirm which would be the best match. Otherwise, we would need pictures and dimensions of your existing hardware.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)