SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

TRACO TR9100 Window, Balance Channel

A quick learner from St Paul MN says:
I have (2) Traco TR9100 windows that need replacement of (4)balance channels (including the top & bottom ends) as well as (4) take-out clips. I hope the enclosed pdf files provide enough info for dimensions on the channel & ends.
The visible stamp appears to be 3736. [BTW...TR9100 is our best guess for the Traco model number. The window are single hung, side load.]
Thanks for your posted videos. They have been extremely helpful in getting me this far.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
User submitted photos of window balances.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! I believe this balance will have to be custom made, but I need some more information. First, can you tell me the length of the metal channel? Can you also show me one of your take-out clips? Thanks!
A quick learner from St Paul, MN says:
Paul, thanks for your review & response. The metal channel is 37 inches in length. I did exclude the top & bottom ends from that measurement. As for the take-out clips, I will forward a picture of those by tomorrow. Lastly, since the channel needs to be custom made, would it be helpful for me to send you the channel, end pieces & metal clips? If you recommend that step to ensure accuracy, I will get them shipped out in short order.
Best Regards, EJ in St Paul, MN
A quick learner from ST PAUL, MN says:
Paul - I have enclosed a picture of the take out clip w/ dimensions. I think it matches up perfectly with Swisco part# 16-002.
User submitted a photo of a take out clip.
Profile picture of Paul
Yes, the 16-002, take out clip, looks like a match!

We will email you a custom balance ordering link shortly.

Thanks for your patience and the opportunity to quote!
A quick learner from St Paul MN says:
I ordered the balance channels & clips today. a sincere THANKS to the experts for all of the great detective work. Also, Jodi in customer service was fantastic & very helpful. I will send a picture when the project is complete :)
Best Regards, EJ in St Paul, MN
Profile picture of Paul
It was our pleasure. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)