SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tandem Rollers for Patio Door

A quick learner from Northern Illinois says:
Please ID a replacement set of rollers for my patio door. The house was built in 1971 and I believe the door is original. The roller frame has stamped in the side " Product of Del Mar Eng Co. Long Beach, CA. Pat Pend"
This stamping can be seen in the photos attached. The rollers are metal, but seem to have a plastic coating on them or they have a metal core with molded plastic flanges. I see similar units on your website, but none have the 2 L-shaped hooks that position the part on the metal door frame.
Thanks for your help
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm afraid this roller has been discontinued and is no longer available. You could consider our 81-084 as a possible replacement, but I cannot guarantee it will work. Check it out and see what you think.
A home owner from Illinois says:
Thanks for the suggestion. I saw this part when I was investigating my options originally. My only concern is the fact the door currently has a tandem roller and I was concerned about this single roller being able to handle the weight of the door. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It is possible that the roller may not last as long, yes. However it is the best possible replacement we have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)