Tandem roller assembly.

A quick learner from Cape May, NJ says:
Hi, I'm looking for tandem roller assemblys for a sliding glass door. The rollers are rusted and won't move. I am able to remove them from the door. It seems like the rollers are 1" in diameter. I cannot find any stickers or plates with manufacturer. I did find a silver sticker crumbled up inside the wheels. It said AAMA and had a number "series 3131" barely visible. I think it is by United door and window. Can you offer any suggestions on finding 2 replacement assembly's? Thank you!
Duane
A quick learner from Cape May, NJ says:
As a follow up to my previous message. The rollers I have look very much like assembly 81-138 in your online parts catalog.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Duane. You say that the 81-138 is similar. Is it identical, aside from the wheel size? If not, I'd like to see a picture of yours out of the door. If it is identical, however, you may still be able to get it to work. You could adjust the roller down to make up for the difference in wheel size.
A quick learner says:
Ok, that should work. I'm going to order two of those now. Just in case they don't fit, what is your return policy? Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Thank you for your business. You can see our return policy here.
A quick learner from North Cape May says:
Hi, I tried to respond to this thread earlier and I got an error message. Im trying this again to make sure you get my messages. The rollers I ordered don't fit and I'd like to get ones that do. I just sent some photos via email so hopefully we can find one that fits.

Also, the screws you sent do not fit the opening in the roller assembly. They are too small for the hole in the roller assembly. If we can find rollers that match, can you double check the screws before shipping them to me? Thank you!
Duane
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid we have not received your images. Can you upload them directly to this thread? That will ensure we can see them and help you as quickly as possible.
A quick learner from Cape May says:
Here are some images of the rollers side by side.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Aha, thank you! Start with our 81-165, I think this may be a better match. I would just go over our dimensions very carefully to be sure.
A quick learner from Cape May says:
Hi, I think somehow my messages keep getting deleted or don't come through. I sent messages a couple times that didn't post. There may be a glitch in the system somewhere. I usually cannot call you because I am commuting or working during your business hours. Im kinda stuck using this method rather than just calling you so it's frustrating. Just thought you should know.

So I'm wondering about the rollers you recommended most recently... the 81-165. Compared to the 81-138, is the new one you recommend thinner than the 81-138? Everything else seemed to be ok.

Also, your site recommended screws that didn't fit the rollers. Can you test those before sending the new rollers? If I am returning your rollers and buying another set of rollers from you, will you waive the restocking fee? Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 81-165 tandem roller is 11/16" wide, while the 81-138 is 3/4" wide. The side mounting screw we recommend is the 33-104, which is 1/4 X 20. The top mounting screw is normally a 33-071 on most door manufacturers.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.