The cable and nail that keeps the window up - just on one side

A quick learner from McDonald, PA says:
Window company suggested I might need a Block and tackle balance? Window type:

NVR1 NVR BLDG PRODS - ENON VALLEY 9/04/03 18SH30902A-AH09
2852 1800J SINGLE HUNG 33 3/4 X 64 3/4 WHITE
6/6 GRILL 3/4" LOW E GL 688674 002353990
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Can you show us a picture of the balance in question? That will help us research a possible match. We may need more information and pictures, but let's start here so that we know what to ask. Thanks!
Right side pic shows what's missing on the left side....
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I see the top clip and cord, but that does not tell me what balance you have. I would need to see the more of the channel balance itself. That said, I believe you might have a Patriot 1800J model window. Most of the balances Patroit used was our Series 795 channel balance. Carefully compare it to yours to see how well they match up. As for the piece missing, it might just be our 26-200 screw plug.
A quick learner from McDonald says:
Hi Paul -- unfortunately, I don't even know what a balance is, etc. Please tell me how to figure this out and how to do the repair once I order the appropriate parts.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
The balance is the mechanism that keeps your window raised when you open it. The cord you show in your second picture is part of it. If you were to follow that cord down, you should see it go into a metal channel of some kind. As I mentioned, it might resemble our Series 795 balance, but there is no way for me to tell based on the cord alone. Carefully look at our pictures and measurements and see if it matches what you have.
Hi Paul -- yes that definitely looks like it based on my memory when I tilt the windows in for cleaning. I'll double check when I get home and measure, then get back to you. Thanks!!
Oh, and Paul -- yes, I do have an 1800 --- I typed the specs from the sticker on the inside of my window at the beginning of the discussion....if you double check that, can you tell me for sure?
Profile picture of Paul
Great! Let me know. And yes, the Patriot 1800J commonly used this balance. Now, that's no guarantee, but it at least gives us a great place to start out.
A quick learner from McDonald says:
Does this help? The window says "1800J" and 33 3/4 X 64 3/4, etc.

NVR1 NVR BLDG PRODS - ENON VALLEY 9/04/03 18SH30902A-AH09
2852 1800J SINGLE HUNG 33 3/4 X 64 3/4 WHITE
6/6 GRILL 3/4" LOW E GL 688674 002353990
Profile picture of Paul
I'm afraid that doesn't reveal any additional information. At this point, there isn't really going to be a number that 100% guarantees what balance you need and every detail regarding it. You will need to carefully examine our Series 795 , which is what we believe to be your best bet, to confirm whether this matches your old hardware.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.