SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

The latch part of the door is broken

A quick learner from Maryland says:
Went to the local hardware store and found the kit for the door handle but was told the latch assembly was built into the door. I had removed everything because when you would turn the handle down the door would not unlatch. Since being told that I had to order it separately I figured I would do some research. Can you help out with the pictures posted? It's about 10 years old. Thank you.
P.S. I already took apart everything so I don't have before photos.
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Based on your description, it sounds like you might need the internal mortise lock. Take a look at our 40-194 and see if this matches up to your handle. Make sure to carefully look over our dimensions.
A quick learner from Maryland says:
This looks correct but I need it in the brushed nickel finish. Is that available?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks again for your patience. We are currently working on having a nickel color option made up for you. I will let you know as soon as it becomes available!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alright, our 40-194 is now available in brushed nickel!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)