SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

The lock on my legacy handle set is in the wrong place

A home owner says:
I purchased the satin nickel Legacy Handle Set with Key Lock to replace a brass handle on my sliding glass door. The handles are identical except for the lock is in the wrong place (see attached pictures). I would like to return the handles in exchange for the right placement of the locks. Please advise if it is possible to receive the correct handle for my door, if not I will return this item for a refund. Thank you. Susan
A customer submitted photo of their handle set.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I've seen this before, actually. Unfortunately, we have no lock that will match the hole placement yours has. I have looked high and low for such a replacement with no luck. However, I have found a solution that may work for you.

If you flip the mortise lock and keeper upside-down, it may work. Have the lock thrown in the locking position, then grab the hook with a pair of pliers. Then, unscrew it, remove it, and flip it around. After that you can reinstall it. You would have to be careful not to drop it in door.

Let me know if this works for you!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)