The old balance has a blue shoe instead of a white one

A contractor from Ft. Lewis Washington says:
Hello, my Name is Bob, I work for a contractor at Ft. Lewis Washington, and I need your help. I believe that i figured that i have the S751-24, The picture shows a white lower shoe, and i have a blue one on my old balance. Is there a difference? and if so could you let me know what it is.

I need to find this information, because we have an entire building with a lot of bad balances that need replacing. If you could help me out on this I would appreciate it very much. Thank You, and Thank You for your Time.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thank you for posting. For this type of shoe, the color shouldn't matter at all. What's important is that the dimensions match, for both the shoe and the channel. You'll also need the right option. For the S751-24, the options represent the following weight ranges:

-23R: 10 through 18 pounds
-23HD: 18 through 22 pounds
-23TG: 22 through 30 pounds
A contractor from Ft. Lewis Washington says:
Thank You for your responce.
I had aother question on the balances:

1. Are the inner and outer balances identical?

2. And could you recommend a location in the Tacoma, Wa area in which we may order what we need or do we need to go directly to the manufacturer?

3. Once again we appreciate your responce. Thank You
Profile picture of Tom
I'm not sure what you mean when you say inner and outer balances. Could you be referring to the balances for the top sash and the balances for the bottom sash? If so, then they may not necessarily be identical. You should double check just in case.

We don't have any contacts in your area, but you can purchase these balances directly from our main site. You could also print out the product page featuring the part you want and bring it in to a hardware store, they may be able to help you out.

I'm happy to help!
A quick learner from Washington says:
It's me again, I went back and cheked my balance for the upper window and it is the same identical as for the lower window. The metal channel is the ribbed kind and the metal channel is 24 inches in length and has a marking of 24DS41 stamped on it, does this signify anything? If so could you educate me on it?

After all is said and done what I need is up-to-date part numbers for the balances, and the long and short "S" Hook clips that are used on the upper end of each balance.If you would assist me on this I would appreciate it very much. Have a Nice week-end. Thank You.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us! Balance stamps aren't any kind of identification marker, they just let us know what the strength is.

That said, I'm not sure what strength that stamp represents, exactly, so you should weigh your window sash just in case and compare it to the weight ranges I posted above. If the weight of your sash doesn't fall under any of those ranges, let me know. The balance may have to be custom made.

As for the S hook, I'm not really sure what you have. We have a two different types, long and short. Check out our 19-029 and 19-030. Which is closer to yours? We also have the 15-198.
A quick learner from Ft. Lewis, Washington says:
Hey it's me again:-)

I went back to that building and pulled one of the windows out, and the thing weighed 38lbs.

My old balances are 25 in. long, and have 24DS41 stamped on them, and they have a spring within a spring in them. What I need now is part numbers for the balances, the short "S" hook and the long "S" hook for the upper end of the balance.

If you could help me withthis I would appreciate it very much. I hope this is enough information.

Thank You, and have a nice weekend. Bob
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, good to see you again. That's a very heavy sash! This balance might have to be custom made. Before I can get started on that, though, could you confirm the length? You say before that the metal channel is 24", not 25". Once we have that straightened out, we can work from there.
A quick learner from Ft. Lewis Wa. says:
It's me again, I really hate to be a "PEST" but I would like to get on with this.

Yes, I went back and measured the actual length of the metal chanel and it is indeed 25 inches in length, with one spring inside another, and as mentioned before the window sash weighed in at a wopping 38 LBS. I hope this is enough information.
If it comes down to it I will, at my own expense, mail an orginal to you if that will make things any better.

Once again Thank You, and Thank You for your Time. Bob
A quick learner from Ft. Lewis Wa says:
I'm Back: Haven'theard from you in a short time,
Hope you have some good news for me and my overweight windows in my building. Hopefully we will be hearing some good news soon, my boss is asking about them on a daily basis. Well gotta go now, will talk later. Once again Thank You, and Thank You for your Time. Bob
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, I know it's been a long wait but I finally have some good news. We are currently working on a balance that matches your specifications. We will get in touch with you soon as to the specifics. Thanks for bearing with us!
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.