SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

The slotted holes

A quick learner says:
The mounting slots for the 40-081 now show as 1 1/8 inches. If I have mounting holes that are 3/4" apart is there a way to alter the mount through a mounting plate of some sort? Is there another resilient strike that you have that has 3/4 " mounting holes?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Before we recommend anything, can you give me a couple pictures of your original strike? Can you also confirm the rest of the dimensions?
A quick learner says:
I am sorry for taking so long to answer. here are some images. The base of the strike has cracked and i have screwed the parts sort of together so that I can use it on the door frame.
The distance between the center of the screws is 3/4". Please let me know which other measurements would help.
I really hope you can help me so that I don't have to replace the door handle, or the whole door!
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience. Please see our new 40-082 and let me know if this would be a good match.
A quick learner says:
Hi.....
That part looks good. I'm assuming that the difference between 3/4" and 7/8" will be workable. I haven't seen anything close in my neighborhood hardware stores, Walmart, Home Depot or Lowe's.. I even went to one or two local patio contractors with no luck. I wonder how I missed this on your site.
Doesn't matter because it looks like this would be worth a shot and maybe even perfect!
What do I do next?
Thanks!
Peter
Profile picture of Tom
Glad to hear it looks good, Peter. It took some tracking down to find, so I'm not surprised to hear you've been having trouble in your search, too. Hopefully it can work! That hole spacing difference should be okay. Due to the shape of the installation holes you should have a little bit of wiggle room.

If you are interested, you can place an order directly from our site any time you wish. We appreciate you considering us! If you ever need anything else, we would be happy to assist in any way we can.
A quick learner says:
Thanks! I just put in the order.
I really appreciate the help!!!!!
Pete
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)