SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

The width of the channel balance that use the 18-033 top

A home owner from Middletown New York says:
I want to order four (4 Top Sash Guides) Part # 18-033 for my window. My balance is 15 inches long and measures exactly 1/2" wide. However, your part #18-033 recommends using a balance that is 15/16 wide.
Part # 18-033 measures exactly to the piece i am replacing. My only problem is the four (4) Balances I would like to also order.
My balance has a number on it. 14C
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

The 18-033 channel balance top is used on the SWISCO series 390 channel balance. The S390 channel balance width is 9/16" but it is considered 1/2" in the trade.

The 18-033 should work for you if the measurements of your existing channel balance top attachment match up to the dimensions of the 18-033 product picture.

Can you upload photos of your channel balance for us to look at. Include images of both the top and bottom of the balance. We will be able to recommend a replacement balance based on your photos.

Do you know who the manufacture of your windows is?
Paul,
I followed the instructions and ordered ( 4 ) 18-033 Top Sash Guides. Then I attempted to order the four ( 4 ) S 390 - 15 Balances. The order required that I choose an option. Option 1410 or 1420 etc. I did not place the order yet! What option do I choose???

Joe
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
For the stamp 14C - you would choose the 1430 option.
Thank you! I can now order !
Best Regards,
Joe
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)