SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

There are no markings

A handy person from Grand Junction, CO says:
I would like to order the Spiral Balances for two separate windows, a total of 4 balances, photos attached. The length of the tube is 28 in and the diameter is approximately 3/8 of an in; the spiral piece extended is about 28 1/2 to 29 in long, the spiral piece is bent. The windows are a single bottom sash and are 40 1/2 wide and 29 1/2 in high. I also need a tilt latch lock that locks the sash in the vertical position, it is just under 3 in long.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Please see our S900-28 spiral balance, as well as our 26-195 and 26-196 tilt latches. I would carefully go over our measurements to confirm that this tilt latch is correct.
Hi Tom, thanks for the helpful information.The only other question I have left is my sash weighs 20 pounds and according to the chart I can choose either a red or green tip. What would you suggest if my wife has a hard time opening the old one with a green tip?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... if the window is hard to open, it's possible that you just need to charge the spiral one or two more times to give it more tension. If yours is right on the threshold, it comes down to a matter of preference. If I were in your position, I think I'd lean towards Green Tip.
Thanks, so if the window is hard to open, when you say I might have to charge the spring, you mean tighten the spring?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yep, pretty much. I recommend watching the video below to see how we do it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)