Therma tilt 5000 balance

A home owner from PA says:
Purchasing a home. Thermo Tilt 5000 windows failed inspection because the lower pane will not stay up when raised. Was informed the white plastic balance on 3 windows needed to be replaced.
Contractor is unable to find this part and believes the original manufacturer is no longer in business.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what it is you have. Can you show me a picture of the part in question? That will help us find what you need.
I currently do not have access to the part referenced and can only provide a photo showing it in place. It is seated within the track at the upper right side of the lower pane. The screen somewhat obscures it.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... it's tough to say. Looking at the images you gave us, it seems like your window might a Series 600 spiral balance, which might be what needs to be replaced. Another possibility is that you need to replace the pivot shoes. Take a look at the related videos to see what kind of hardware it is I'm referring to. Ultimately, we will need to see the parts in question out of the window.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.